When to splurge and when to save !
Happy new year friends! This is the first post of 2018!! I’m so excited for this year and everything that’s going to take place. I can’t tell you how appreciative I am of those of you who are following along my blogging journey, and style advice. There is so much I’m excited to share with you.
This week I wanted to chat about what pieces I like to splurge and invest into, and where I try to save big. Typically if there is something I need and will use for several seasons I’ll choose quality and invest a little extra . Especially if it is a neutral color or a staple piece. If there is something which is more of a trend that may not stick around long, or maybe I’m thinking about purchasing an investment piece but not sure how much use it will get, I may buy a cheaper version for a test run. For example, these nude block heels. I found a dupe version for $25. I am investing in the quality pair for comfort and longevity because I love them that much! So click on the highlighted links and photos. All splurge and save pieces, also the links I’ve provided will take you directly to their retailers.
So my must have splurge list is –
- Multi-seasonal boots or shoes (like these). Wear them with dresses in the fall/spring and jeans and leggings throughout winter
- A comfortable neutral heel that can be casual or dressed up. With pants, skirts, dresses, you name it. All year long!
- A versatile/quality handbag . Goes with every outfit. Functions perfect for your lifestyle.
- A multi-seasonal that coat can be used for dress and casual. Warm yet not bulky, a feminine fit, and a neutral color.
- A multi-use layer. Sleeveless trench or cardigan. Where over a dressy outfit or with a T-shirt and jeans.
- A great pair of jeans ( I’m talking, those ones that fit like a dream ) Everyday wear.
- A dress that gets so much use you need to retire it after a few years. ( a great color or print and great fit)
- #1 must splurge- you see it, it speaks to you , and you cannot leave the store without it
When to save –
- When there is dupe version of a designer for way less but also has a great quality ( usually shoes and handbags)
- Trying out a new trend you’re not 100% sold on ( small cross-body bags,loafers/mules, velvet, bright colors)
- When thinking about a big purchase and you’re not sure how much use it will actually get ( a certain heel height, or maybe those OTK boots)
- When you’re willing to wait it out for a big ticket item and you know it’s eventually going to come on sale ( this happens with a few specific retailers I love! Like this sale ) PATIENCE!