spring capsule wardrobe
Its officially spring and the thought of wearing t-shirts, tanks, and sandals has me organizing the closet. So spring cleaning has inspired a capsule wardrobe blog post. If you aren’t familiar with what a capsule wardrobe is, it’s simply a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don’t go out of style.
This one is for those of you who get overwhelmed shopping and planning new seasonal outfits. I’m going to lay out my favorite most versatile pieces for you in an easy to layer, mix and match, all season capsule wardrobe. Quality is most important in a capsule wardrobe because these items will be able to be used for years, and you won’t want to keep purchasing them. You probably already own a few things from this list. So scroll through the essentials and get inspired to start your own capsule wardrobe.
Remember layers are always a great idea, “neutrals” can be more than just white and beige, and typically you get what you pay for when it comes to long-lasting quality pieces. Unless it is on major sale, and in that case you scored big time! Scroll through, click, and enjoy !!
- A great pair of jeans- these are #1
- Basic striped tees and tanks for layering.
- Denim jacket– with a good fit and a classic wash
- Long beige cardigan
- An olive colored utility jacket
- Leather slide-on shoe, either a slip-on sneaker or mule
- White jeans
- Cotton white top
- Chambray button up– great for layering or just paired with white pants
- A quality leather bag
- Great overalls– everyone may not agree but I could wear these all day everyday!!
- Easy cotton dress